Monday, February 09, 2009

Ted Nugent and a Great Moment in Media Interviews


I'm in debt to Tony Slug (ex-Hydromatics, now in new US-based band The Consultants) for this gem:

Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being interviewed by a French journalist and animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting.

The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

The interview ended at that point.

4 comments:

Arthur Rambo said...

The Motor City Douche Bag does it again...

Anonymous said...

classic!

Anonymous said...

Mint!

Anonymous said...

God love him. I do recall an interview a few years back (probably around 9/11) when he talked about how he'd never been out of America & had no desire to as everything he needed was right there in the good ol' USA. Small man with an even smaller viewpoint. Still his ignorance does make me chuckle. Afterall this is the same bloke who didn't realise one of his biggest hits with the Amboy Dukes (“Journey to the Center of the Mind”) was about drugs.